Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Is Over

I'll confess it here. I can be evil. I blame it on being the youngest child. I like to pull pranks, jump out of nowhere and scare my kids, and tell them all kinds of horror stories. I woke up in such a mood this morning and suddenly announced, "Ok, kids, summer is over. Get your breakfast and let's get started on school!" You could have heard a pin drop. Their mouths hung agape and their eyes went huge. I heard the very oxygen escape their lungs and a faint, "noooooooo" come out of their last remnants of air. I couldn't help it. I really don't know what got into me. I had to laugh...hysterically. It was so funny. They really thought I was serious. Let's just say they were not happy with me. They were, however, happy when I said I was kidding and now it was time to clean the house. Less of a blow, I figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment