Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

MacGyver brought me home roses and a hilarious card for Valentine's Day. What a sweetie! The kiddos love it when their daddy brings me flowers and gifts and make me smile. Why is this? Do they just love seeing their parents in love? No, Izzy tells me. In fact, they find it very embarassing. We go out of our way to kiss and hug right in front of them just to torture them! We even went on a real date (with no grocery store involved :) for Valentine's Day. Okay, it was actually two days before but we have an intense aversion to masses of people and having to wait in line for 2 hours to eat a good meal in 30 minutes all in the name of a date. So, we went to an afternoon showing of Avatar 3-D. Thank you all for the suggestion! Great movie, minus the swearing and new-age spiritual element. Seeing it in 3-D was worth the cost and I would love to see it again. I might even let the kiddos watch it in a couple of years with a profanity blocker. Why must we have to buy a profanity blocker just to watch a good movie? Oh, don't get me started!

No comments:

Post a Comment